City & Guilds ViewPoint
This policy sets out the ways in which we may collect and use your personal information.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), the data controller is the City and Guilds of London Institute (we or our). We are a body incorporated by Royal Charter and registered as a charity in England and Wales (Reg. No. 312832) and in Scotland (Reg. No. SC039576). Our registered office is at 1 Giltspur Street, London EC1A 9DD.
http://viewpoint.cityandguilds.com / http://membersviewpoint.cityandguilds.com (site) is hosted by a third party service provider contracted to provide hosting services to us. However, we are responsible for and manage any personal information processed via the site.
What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide to us if you register to use our site; and
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and analytical use. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How may we use personal information?
We may use the information we hold about you to:
- send you surveys to complete if you have registered to receive surveys;
- send you information about survey results, including what we have done with the survey results; and
- send you updates about our site and the surveys.
Disclosure of your personal information
We will not sell or licence your personal information to any third party. We may disclose your personal information:
- to any member of our group companies;
- to the sub-contractor engaged by us to provide services on our behalf to enable them to provide such services; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation to do so.
Where do we store personal data?
All personal information provided to us is stored on the secure servers of our sub-contractor in the EEA.
You may unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by using the ‘unsubscribe' functionality at the foot of communications send to you.
We will correct any inaccuracies to the personal information we hold about you on request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you at anytime by written request to the Data Protection Officer, City & Guilds, 1 Giltspur Street, London EC1A 9DD.
Your letter must include the following in order to be processed by us: